By: Spencer Miller (MacroChef)
Delicious, protein-packed vanilla peanut butter cupcakes, topped with a creamy, protein peanut butter icing!
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops XTEND Pro Vanilla Ice Cream protein
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Truvia baking blend**
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp peanut flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 scoop XTEND Pro Vanilla Ice Cream Powder
*You can use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. Mashed banana, pumpkin, or applesauce can even be substituted, but it will lower the protein in each.
**Truvia baking blend is a stevia and sugar blend. It has less sugar than regular white granulated sugar, but still bakes like sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most groceries. If you can’t find it, you can use 1/3 cup regular white sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, Truvia, vanilla extract and milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Spoon batter into 10 spots in the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Depending on your oven, you may need slightly more baking time. Be careful not to over-bake or they will dry out.
- Once baked, take out of the oven and let completely cool while making the frosting.
- In a bowl, add peanut flour, Greek yogurt, milk, peanut butter and protein powder. Mix together until a thick frosting is formed. Spoon frosting into a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag, use a gallon ziplock bag with the end cut off.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with peanut butter vanilla frosting and enjoy!
Nutrition per cupcake (out of 10)
- 195 calories
- 20 protein
- 13 carbs
- 7 fat