By: Harrison Burch (@HarryBurchLifts)
These PB&J Cookie Butter PROtein Cereal Treats are a perfect pre-workout hit of carbs for energy and muscle-building protein.
- 2 servings cereal (pictured: PB&J Puffs from Aldi)
- 1 serving puffed cereal (pictured: puffed Kamut)
- 1.5 scoops XTEND PRO Cookie Butter
- 82g honey
- 128g natural peanut butter
- Splash of sugar-free syrup
- Topped with 1tbs sugar-free strawberry jelly
Heat peanut butter and honey until they liquify. Fold in syrup and protein. Careful not to cook protein, simply seeking to fold into the mixture. Take off heat and fold into the cereal. Place in the fridge to firm up.
These bars are best once cooled slightly below room temperature. Individually wrapping the bars in an airtight container or plastic wrap will preserve texture best.
Try these out! The possibilities are endless with Reese's Puffs, Rice Krispies, Cocoa Puffs, and other childhood favorites.
Makes 8 bars
Calories for one: 210