By: Spencer Miller (Macro Chef)
Creamy chocolate peanut butter protein oatmeal topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce, chopped candy bars, and peanuts to make the ultimate protein-packed oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup milk or water*
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop XTEND PRO Chocolate Lava Cake protein powder
- 2 tbsp peanut flour (or peanut butter)**
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1-2 mini Snickers, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup
*I used unsweetened almond milk. I think it makes the oatmeal a little more creamy than water. Any preferred milk can be used.
**Peanut flour is basically de-fatted peanuts. It will still give the delicious peanut butter flavor with less calories. It can be found in most groceries in the peanut butter aisle. Any peanut butter can be used as well.
- Cook oats in milk/water according to package instructions. Add egg whites. Whisk vigorously to mix in, and prevent from getting scrambled egg in the oatmeal.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk again. Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add protein powder, peanut flour, and salt. Mix well until incorporated.
- Once cooked, add peanuts, chopped candy, caramel sauce and any other desired toppings.
Nutrition (oatmeal without toppings)
- 350 calories
- 42g protein
- 36g carbs
- 6g fat
- 8g fiber
- 5g sugar