By: Spencer Miller (Macro Chef)
This brownie batter protein oatmeal is decadent, creamy, filled with rich chocolate flavor, and topped with chocolate protein bar chunks and dark chocolate chips.
- 1 1/3 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk*
- 1 whole egg
- 2 scoops XTEND PRO Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Square Organics Chocolate Coated Crunch Protein Bar**
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
*I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any milk will be fine.
- Add oats, milk, and water to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until a they are to desired thickness. I cooked mine a bit longer because I like thicker oats.
- Once cooked, add a whole egg into the oats and whisk. Microwave again for 1 minute to cook the egg. It sounds weird, but it makes them creamier, adds protein, and makes them fluffier as well. It is optional, but delicious.
- After cooking, add protein powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir well until completely mixed into the oats.
- Divide the oats into two bowl. Chop protein bar into small squares. Top each bowl with protein bar squares and dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Nutrition per serving for oats only, no toppings (out of 2 servings)