What better way to start a new year (and new decade) than a workout geared toward multiple muscle groups? Try this workout to challenge two body parts per exercise, combining compound exercises with isolated movements to create the ultimate supersets.
1) Romanian Deadlifts 3 sets of 8 reps (each leg), immediately followed by Single Leg Barbell Glute Bridges 3 set of 12 reps (each leg)
2) Dumbbell Lunges 3 sets of 8 reps (each leg), immediately followed by Cable Kickbacks 3 sets of 10 reps (each leg)
3) Hack Squats 3 sets of 10 reps, immediately followed by Abductor Machine 3 sets of 15 reps
4) Assisted Pull-ups 3 sets of 10 reps, immediately followed by Wide-Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
5) Dumbbell Row 3 sets of 12 reps, immediately followed by Cable Pullover 3 sets of 10 reps
Follow this routine with 10-15 minutes of high intensity interval training on an elliptical, bike, or treadmill, alternating between 15 seconds of intense work and 45 seconds at a steady recovery pace.
Incorporate XTEND into your workouts for hydration and recovery benefits, sipping before, during, and after your workout.