By Janet Layug
This recipe for delicious fluffy gingerbread pancakes will be your go to breakfasts on cozy weekend morning. After you give this easy recipe a try, you will not want to go back to the boring boxed pancake mixes. The secret sauce for this recipe.... or powder in this case is the premium protein from XTEND Pro.
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup can sub sugar free syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (I like 5%, can sub with 0 Greek yogurt fat)
- 3 or 4 tbsp. - Water consistency to your likening
- 1/2 cup of Oat Flour or sub oats in a blender
- 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream XTEND Pro protein powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Cloves
Fun Topping Ideas
- Creamy drizzle - mix of water/Greek yogurt/vanilla protein
- Maple or sugar free syrup
- Almond whipped cream
- Sprinkles/ cinnamon
- Preheated pan to medium to low heat
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Mix in wet to dry - be careful not to over stir this will make your pancakes flat!
- Your batter may be runny, let it sit for a minute to rise. If your batter is too dry add more water
- Pour the batter into pan slowly. If it is a thicker batter spread batter out
- Watch for air bubbles, they come up about a minute or few into cooking. This is when the pancake is ready to flip!
ENJOY! Healthy delicious protein pancakes that will keep you on track for macros and fitness goals!